The holidays are behind us, and so is 2021- thank goodness! Technically, we should be packing away the sweets and setting our minds to tackling our resolutions for 2022.
Well, I personally don’t know who this ‘we’ is, but I’m down for eating cookies all year round.
Sugar cookies are a staple during the cold months, and after the hustle and bustle of December, who doesn’t need a bit of elevation.
Enter: Cannabis-infused sugar cookies.
These THC-rich treats will have you calm, cool, and collected in no time.
There’s no need to wait for World Baking Day to create these bad boys!
Because I am no master-baker, I’ve hunted down the top recipes so you can easily make your own medicated treats.
You can infuse both the butter and sugar, or just stick to one- the choice is yours!
I’ve put in the hours, and have done the research. All you have to do is follow the steps, and let me know how they turned out!!
This article will cover how to make:
- Cannabis-infused sugar
- Cannabis-infused butter
- Delicious sugar cookies
Alrighty, let’s get down to it!
Cannabis Infused Sugar Recipe
Here is a summary:
- 8th (3.5 grams) of high-quality cannabis
- 1 cup grain alcohol
- 1 cup granulated (white) sugar
- Glass Jar
1. After decarboxylating your cannabis, pour it into a jar, pour in the alcohol, and close the jar. Let it sit for half an hour while shaking it every couple of minutes.
2. Grab a bowl and strain the cannabis infused liquid through your cheesecloth.
3.Now, add your sugar to the liquid and pour it into a baking dish (glass).
4. Bake it at 200 degrees, stirring it often until the alcohol has evaporated.
5. Wait for the sugar to cool, break up big chunks, and store it in a container.
It’s as simple as that!
Ben’s recipe goes into greater detail about decarboxylation and how much cannabis infused sugar to use when cooking- it’s a great read!
Cannabis Infused Butter Recipe
Just like the sugar, you’re going to decarboxylate your cannabis before infusing the butter.
Pro tip: If you plan on infusing both sugar and butter, decarb enough cannabis to follow the recipes so you only have to do it once!
Here is a summary:
- Quarter ounce (7 grams) of high-quality cannabis
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup butter
- Baking sheet (for decarbing)
- A grinder (for decarbing)
- Pot, double broiler, or crockpot
- Glass Jar (for storage)
1. Decarb your cannabis. You can skip this step if you decarboxylated enough when making the sugar.
2. Begin infusing. Melt the water and butter together in the pot on the stove. Don’t let your butter get too hot.
3. Add your cannabis.
4. Let your cannabutter simmer at 150 degrees for three to four hours- low and slow. (The longer it simmers at a low temperature, the more potent your butter will be)
5. Strain your butter through the cheesecloth into a glass jar. Let it cool for about 30 minutes then refrigerate.
6. Once your cannabutter is solid you can pour excess water out of your jar.
7. Use your cannabis infused butter to make wicked sugar cookies (or anything else you want to bake)
Sugar Cookie Recipe
If you’ve already infused your sugar or butter (or both), then it’s time to get baking!
Pro tip: The most common error people make is adding too much flour-measure correctly.
Here is a summary:
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup butter (infused)
- 1 cup sugar (infused)
- 4 cups flour
- ⅓ cup corn starch
- 1 tsp. Vanilla
- ¾ tsp. salt
1. In a bowl, add your dry ingredients: salt, corn starch, and flour.
2. Using your mixer (or another large bowl) cream your infused cannabis sugar and butter together.
3. While mixing, add eggs- scraping down the sides of the bowl.
4. Add vanilla extract.
5. Add your dry ingredients and mix well.
6. Put dough in a plastic bag and let it chill in the fridge until it firms up.
7. Pull the dough from the fridge, sprinkle flour on a rolling mat and roll the dough out.
8. Use a cookie cutter to cut the infused cookies
9. Bake in the oven at 375 degrees for 12 minutes.
Check out John’s recipe for tips and tricks to ensure your sugar cookies are on point.
In a Nutshell: DIY Cannabis Infused Sugar Cookies
And that’s how you make cannabis infused sugar cookies my friends!
There’s really nothing to it, and the results are sweet, sugary, and elevated.
Be sure to keep your freshly made batch of infused cookies in an airtight container or bag so they stay soft and fresh.
We want to hear from you! Did you follow the recipe? How did your cookies turn out? What else do you like baking with infused sugar and butter?
Leave a comment below or reach out on our social channels.
And, as always: stay lifted!
About the author: Heather Burton
Heather lives with her husband and two children in beautiful British Columbia. Her passion has always been to enhance the lives of others by helping them reach their business goals.
Content management is her specialty, and writing is what she does best. Working specifically in the cannabis market, Heather strives to help dispensaries, patients, doctors, manufacturers and recreational users by giving them the voice they need. When she is not writing, you can find her anywhere outdoors and away from the screen.